Sunday, September 23, 2007

An Interview with Corrent Gilo

Date: 230907
Planet: Tatooine
Region: Mos Eisley

By Hera Lightdust, Galactic News Agency

GNA: You are the CEO and president of the Viper Sands corporation, known for its landspeeder business.
Corrent Gilo: Yes
GNA: Is it a public corporation, or is the stock not traded at the stock exchange?
Corrent Gilo: Heh, I tend to keep the stocks inbetween me and my employees, prevents any, hostile take overs, or people getting information they shouldn't.
GNA: Are you worried about industrial espionage? Or are there other reasons you fear leaks?
Corrent Gilo: I could say both.
GNA: What other reasons are there?
Corrent Gilo: Lets just say there are certain aspects of our company the public should not know about
GNA: Aha. Before we touch those matters... what's the current line of speeder models of your corporation?
Corrent Gilo: Currently we are still doing all our custom models on demand, but we are now constructing a factory, on lok, that will be making larger quantitys of our Sand Viper Swoop.
GNA: Are you focussing on any special area? Such as bikes, racing speeders, transport speeders, or luxury vehicles?
Corrent Gilo: That is the beauty of custom speeders, what ever the client wants, we design and make it from our variety of base models, so technicaly any of the above can be made, to the clients specifications.
GNA: Would you call your prices low, average, or high?
Corrent Gilo: For the speeders, it all depends what you are comparing them to, our custom speeders are an average price compared to other custom speeders, but of course are very expensive compared to mass produced ones, of course our new factory should take care of that.
GNA: What made you pick Lok for the new factory? The planet has a well-deserved reputation of being a pirate haven.
Corrent Gilo: Well we do operate throughout the galaxy but I would like to keep it closer to home if you know what I mean, and Nym has a cheaper pay off then Jabba, along with him being a personal friend.
GNA: Ah. So, does this friendship extend to protection as well, or do you retain or hire your own guards?
Corrent Gilo: I hire my own, although im sure if I would need more assistance I could ask him for a price, but I do have employees for this reason.
GNA: You mentioned information that was not destined for the public. Is the recent cantina opening - a business area not close to speeder manufacturing - part of this?
Corrent Gilo lets out a slight chuckle and nods slowly.
GNA: What made you decide to open a cantina/club?
Corrent Gilo: It gives many of my employees a place to relax along with gaining more attention from the public, and not so public eye.
GNA: Trying to gain more attention seems to run counter to your desire to keep your secrets.
Corrent Gilo: I didnt neccessarily want the public eye, but it seems information spreads fast. So if they enjoy the club, I still profit off of it.
GNA: I would say advertising publically for the club contributed greatly to getting attention form the public.
Corrent Gilo chuckles.
Corrent Gilo: I suppose, but if they are looking for secrets they wont find them there.
GNA: However, you also caught attention in a few incidents, most notably an attack on you a bit ago by what observers called organised crime. Would you care to detail this?
Corrent Gilo: Ah, the incident with Skocha's men?
GNA: Yes.
Corrent Gilo: Not sure exactly what they were doing on Tatooine ... but Skocha has been dealt with by many organizations, so that is no longer a concern.
GNA: Indeed. But more recently, at your cantina's opening in fact, another incident made the news - from what is reported, there was a slave auction inside the club, backed by both Tatooine criminals as well as Lokian ones. Are those business partners of yours?
Corrent Gilo: That was not neccessarily on the agenda, but yes they are associates of mine and its rude not to accept a gift, expecially when they could have a hand in killing me if they wanted to, its never a good idea to upset a doshan. So yes three slaves were sold, luckily from what im aware of they are being freed.
GNA: In other words - you are forced to do their bidding?
Corrent Gilo: Not neccessarily, I just dont not accept gifts, its rude. If I chose I did not want to sell them, I could have kicked the doshans out, I had more then enough gaurds there at the time. I do partialy regret auctioning them, but its the past now.
GNA: An attitude well-suited to doing business on the Outer Rim. Traditionally, Ithorians are known for their talents with plants. What made you enter the speeder market?
Corrent Gilo: Oh I am very much in tune with nature, as you can see I have my fair share of creatures here in my estate, as I tame them, but as a young boy my father was the one who worked on the herdship shuttles, guess I just always had an interest and skill, in anything that moves
GNA: You are rather prominent as the CEO/president of your corporation. Are there any employees or business partners that you attribute part of the success of your enterprise to?
Corrent Gilo: Well I started alone, and was very small then it was just recently after the empire came into power, had to end my old job. But my Executive, Thaesus Andromeda. Hmmm Nym helped me with some aspects, and then there are many more but no major assistants, Oh and a jawa helped us find the location of our headquarters
GNA: A Jawa? that's very surprising. Do you work with the native population often?
Corrent Gilo: Yes, I've always found native species interesting, and not just on this planet, I once did a study on the dantari. But yes, this one actualy had an interesting story although I have not talked to him in a while.
GNA: Interesting?
Corrent Gilo: Yes, he didnt have a tribe.
GNA: Ah. An exile?
Corrent Gilo: Some what. He was once a slave.
GNA: So... you mentioned the slaves that were sold being freed. How so, and who is involved there?
Corrent Gilo: Yes, all but one I believe, but she is in good hands, one has been reunited with her husband, the other was freed but that is all I know.
GNA: Freed by whom?
Corrent Gilo: The one that returned to her husband involved the buyers who were a ithorian and a bothan
Corrent Gilo: Im sorry I can't recall the name, the doshans managed the exchange.
GNA: Aha. Apart from those mentioned, do your employees include people with a shady past?
Corrent Gilo: Hph, some, yes.
GNA: Is this a concern for you?
Corrent Gilo: Not really, what they are doing suits them you could say.
GNA: Would you care to elaborate on this statement?
Corrent Gilo: Not preferably, like I said certain information the public should not know.
GNA: Now for some personal questions, for our readers. You wear a rather striking amulet. What is it exactly?
Corrent Gilo: Ah this, black sun medaillon, not one of our closest friends in the corporation. They decided to steal some of our supplies, we stole their l- well lets just say this is just a memorabilia to scare off the others.0
GNA: And this staff?
Corrent Gilo: Ah this. Beautiful, isn't it? It's a relic from a planet most would not know to exist.
GNA: What planet?
Corrent Gilo: Kamino, nothing there any more.
Corrent Gilo rubs the end of the staff slightly and it lets out a high pitch echo.
GNA: The cloner planet?
Corrent Gilo nods.
Corrent Gilo: Although none being made there any more.
GNA: Does this mean you have some ties to Kamino? Or even knowledge?
Corrent Gilo nods.
GNA: Cloning?
Corrent Gilo: I have knoledge of many planets from my past. Not to much on the cloning aspect, but a bit on genetic modification.
GNA: A new market for your corporation?
Corrent Gilo: Heh, doubt it, just helps with my breeding hobby.
GNA: You breed animals as a hobby?
Corrent Gilo: Have for the longest time.
GNA: There have been fortunes made in the bioengineered animal market. Were you never tempted to enter it?
Corrent Gilo: Slightly long ago, but I have my money.
GNA: Do you have a family?
Corrent Gilo: Long ago, I dont know what happened. I was exiled from the herdship at the age of 16, kept contact for a long time until the herdship moved and I dont know the new location. But as of recent no, no kids.
GNA: Why were you exiled?
Corrent Gilo: Because if you wish to go down to the surface of ithor you need a schedualed time, which of course at my age was impossible to get, my parents would go down and study but I wouldnt be allowed, so I stole a ship and headed down.It didnt go over well with the priestess.
GNA: A rather harsh fate. Do you carry a grudge?
Corrent Gilo: My life would not be what it was if I stayed there, no, I thank them, I couldnt live confined like that.
GNA: A wise view. Do you have anything you wish to say to our readers?
Corrent Gilo: hmmm, Follow what comes to you and dreams come true.
GNA: GNA thanks you for this interview, Mister Gilo.
Corrent Gilo: You're most very welcome.

No comments: