Thursday, September 20, 2007

An Interview with Clarissa Goldear

Date: 150707
Planet: Tatooine
Region: Farpoint Valley

By Ikiwi Obead, Galactic News Services

GNS: "Miss Goldear, GNS thanks you for giving us this interview despite your surely busy schedule."

Clarissa Goldear: "No problem at all, public relations are an important aspect of it, I always make time for the press."

GNS: "Now... as it is known, you were mayor of this town before, what made you return to politics?"

Clarissa Goldear: "I have been pursuing another thingie or two durin' the past year and returned back to Tatooine 'bout 4 months ago. I noticed the city had become...or better put...stayed as quiet as when I had left. I thought somebody should change that"

GNS: "So, there are no personal reasons for you wanting to become mayor again, just a concern for the city and its citizen?"

Clarissa Goldear: "You could say it is in my personal interest to get this city goin' once more, I have felt at home 'round here for a while now and don't want this place to end up like former Mayor Sidious' sister city nearby"

GNS: "And what are your plans for preventing this?"

Clarissa Goldear: "I got several ideas for business ventures in town, I am plannin' on bringing more merchants into town. I've always been on good terms with a couple Jawa tribes, they are glad 'bout havin' a place on this side o' the desert as well to do business n' rest from their trips. The most important task however will be to find somebody capable of runnin' the local cantina"

GNS: "There have been reports of jawas bothering local droids. What do you make of this?"

Clarissa Goldear: "I believe people are often just overreactin' to them. The involved tribes know exactly they should be behavin'. On a side note, nobody reported anythin' of the like to me personally, if the situation would be as bad as rumors claim, I'm sure I would have been sought out personally already."

GNS: "You speak of boosting trade and business in the town. Tatooine has a reputation for rather shady if not outright criminal business dominating its economy. What is your stance on this?"

Clarissa Goldear: "I want people to conduct business in town, within a nice n' quiet environment and without fear of what you named. No matter if the people are...so called "criminals", or honest merchants and traders, everybody should realize and see the value of such a place and I wouldn't tolerate any form of...organized crime, if y'want to call it like that."

GNS: "Even under mayor Inoxi, rumors of organised crime having influence in town persisted. What if people try to use this place to trade illict goods, or even supplies for illegal movements?"

Clarissa Goldear: "Well first, there are always rumors, I prefer hard facts and thought GNS had a similar stance, so the question somewhat confuses me..."

GNS: "Of course, this is a more hypothetical question."

Clarissa Goldear: "We will have a Sheriff who will enforce Imperial laws, which will include preventing your examples just as well."

GNS: "The region has had a very violent past, with numerous battles between Imperial and rebel forces wreaking havoc. In the last year however, peace has reigned. Do you see a possible threat to this peace if through increased trade and commerce the area becomes attractive to the warring factions again?"

Clarissa Goldear: "No, absolutely not. I quite frankly never really understood either factions interest in a remote planet such as Tatooine, let alone a city way off the larger places like Mos Espa, -Entha or -Eisley, for example."

GNS: "Do you have received any feedback from the citizens, and more importantly, the merchants yet?"

Clarissa Goldear: "The whole process has just begun 'bout two days ago, but the citizens and merchants I have been talkin' to seem to be glad 'bout whats happenin'."

GNS: "You mentioned the cantina as a crucial task for the revival of the city. Care to elaborate?"

Clarissa Goldear: "The cantina is an important place to socialize n' do what you might call networkin', it is a major source of drawin' people to a place. The task of runnin' one will be a very important one, as it will require a degree of dedication to the city, very similar to my own."

GNS: "Indeed. What problems are you encountering then?"

Clarissa Goldear: "None so far, I am aware o' the fact that findin' such a person isn't somethin' you can accomplish in a matter of hours or days."

GNS: "Do you have any candidates for running the cantina in mind? You are the manager of a dance troupe, and run a club of your own, so did you ever consider running it yourself?"

Clarissa Goldear: "I would see that as a possibility should I not manage to find anyone else within the next couple weeks. But like you said, I'm already havin' a similar thingie runnin' here, as well as becomin' Mayor once more. I believe takin' on another like responsibility would be worse than better for the overall situation."

GNS: "Speaking of responsibilities, is there a candidate for the sheriff already chosen?"

Clarissa Goldear: "There is a name bein' discussed, but for the moment it will depend on the person in question to decide wether to take the job or not."

GNS: "Will you have a delegate for trade and commece as well, or will you handle this core aspect of your campaign personally?"

Clarissa Goldear: "I am handlin' that part by myself for now, assuming for now that people will trade usin' common sense. Should there be too many disputes n' the like to handle, I might be tryin' to find someone willing to handle it."

GNS: "So, one could say you have two main causes, the ecomony and security, which you will be focussing on?"

Clarissa Goldear: "No, my only cause is the city, Farpoint Valley, includin' everything I was talkin' about."

GNS: "Yes. I meant, you consider the economy of the town, and the security of the citizens as the most important things to ensure?"

Clarissa Goldear: "I will focus on whatever is demandin' such, and I consider everything to be important."

GNS: "what other areas come to mind then?"

Clarissa Goldear: "Please explain what you mean."

GNS: "Do you see other concern you might have to react to? There have been reports of trandoshan slavers being seen in town lately."

Clarissa Goldear: "Everybody is welcome in this city, as long as they behave and abide to our laws. I don't see any problems to react to, in that concern"

GNS: "Now, after politics, some personal questions. You are married, inf fact, your wedding was a major event in Farpoint a few years ago. But your husband has not been seen for quite some time. Do you still have contact with him?"

Clarissa Goldear: "I have filed a divorce a while ago. After not hearin' of him for two years or more, I have to either assume that he is missin' or dead."

GNS: "So, you are single again?"

Clarissa Goldear: "That question isn't relevant, let alone affectin' my intentions and plans on gettin' this city up from its knees once more."

Clarissa Goldear: "If the rest of them are similar, you might as well just skip them"

GNS: "Our readers are interested in the person behnd the candidate as well. You intend to strictly separate your private life from your office and keep it private then?"

Clarissa Goldear: "you are catchin' on quickly."

GNS: "In this case, do you have anything to add to the interview? A statement?"

Clarissa Goldear: "I can tell you one personal thingie, should I ever marry again, it will be in the city hall right here"

GNS: "You seem to be a born politician, Miss Goldear."

Clarissa Goldear: "Perhaps so, the future will tell. Things will be easier for sure now that the Empire has issued its latest law concernin' abandoned buildings."

GNS: "GNS thanks you for the interview, miss Goldear."

No comments: