Monday, September 21, 2009

Diplomatic Troubles brewing?

Date: 200909
Planet: Tatooine/Talus
Region: Farpoint Valley/New Doros

Story: (Written by the Galactic News Agency, Ramona doesn't write IC).

New Doros has had some trouble with criminals lately, from murders to muggings and assaults, and as everyone knows, slavers hunt in town as well. Often those criminals seem to be able to act unopposed by the police. But as we heard today the police is busy - busy arresting visitors for alleged "tax evasion". Today Countess Thaesus Andromeda was arrested and charged with that - though it has to be noted that the noblewoman has no holdings nor business in New Doros or Talus, she was just there shopping.

Arresting a visitor - who just brought money to the local traders - for not paying a sales tatx - which almost every town in the galaxy directly deducts through the merchant selling his wares, without bothering the buyers - seems a little harsh, given that others seem to be able to get away with murder and kidnapping.


The New Doros Police HQ

Countess Andromeda had the following to say to us:

During the afternoon of 200909, in the city of New Doros, I was to meet with a contractor about hiring two handmaidens for my newly expanded estate on the planet Naboo. After the meeting, I was apprehended in the New Doros Club by the Talusian Trooper Corps.

Seeing that I was a visiting foreigner from another world, I was unaware of the policies and laws of the Corellian Sector government. As a Nabooian noblewoman, I expect a level of professionalism and decency from the officers of the law. I respect Imperial Law and those who enforce it. I myself am an on leave Imperial Security Bureau agent. My confidant and long-time friend Areta Ra'ja posted my bail in the New Doros Police Station. However, after a few moments of questioning an officer by the name of PVT Smytzki, Le'rai began to ask her to leave. Defiantly, my good friend protested, continuing to repeat herself. This officer began to tell her that she was "trespassing," though she stood on public property. When I appear in court in front of the honorable Justice of Peace I intend on pleading not guilty. I frown at the level of unprofessionalism that was exercized by the Talusian Trooper Corps and their image has been forever tainted in my mind. These are the views of the House Andromeda only, not of the Royal Nabooian Government or Queen Kylantha.

Your Countess,
Thaesus Andromeda


When asked by GNN about the incident, Talusian Governor Cas-Ru Roben had the following to say: I am not going to comment on an ongoing investigation. When asked about the rumors of the local police being biased he did decline to comment as well.

Mayor Kimisei Bythmi, of Farpoint Valley, where Countess Andromeda has taken residence, refused to comment on the policies of other communities, but used the opportunity to state that there was no sales tax in Farpoint Valley, and a much less blunt law enforcement.

No comments: